BBJ Group is a growing environmental consulting and engineering firm seeking an engineer or environmental scientist in a seller/doer capacity for our Chicago office looking to take the next step in their careers solving challenging environmental matters. This role offers numerous opportunities and responsibilities:
- Manage ongoing safety and environmental operations including performing formal observations, risk assessments, training, paperwork review, and providing feedback to all employees and management
- Provide onsite and remote support to assist the client in defining environmental reporting needs and solution specifications/requirements
- Lead and participate in health and safety audits for client facilities
- Opportunity to grow into a well-rounded environmental consultant working on a wide variety of environmental compliance projects.
- Exposure to working with clients in a wide variety of industries, including well-known global companies.
- Identify and pursue business opportunities while delivering responsive, high-quality services.
- Discuss and explain service offering with recurring and prospective clients, with both technical accuracy and emotional intelligence
What kinds of projects can I expect to work on?
At BBJ Group, we serve both private and public sector clients at project locations throughout the United States, as well as overseas. Our consultants routinely get to work on projects including:
- Air quality permitting and compliance;
- Stormwater pollution prevention and management;
- Spill prevention and regulatory compliance;
- Hazardous waste management;
- Environmental site investigation and remediation;
- Closure assessments using statistical, modeling, and graphical tools;
- Remedial system design and implementation; and
- Environmental, Health, and Safety audits.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
- Technical Depth and Responsiveness -BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
- Clarity– At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
- Strategy– Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us a true, collaborative partners; not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
- Low ego; high impact teammate
- Great communicator
- Quick thinking / adaptive
- Responsiveness to both internal and external clients
- Works well with new ideas
Other important requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Geology or other related sciences.
- 10-15 years of experience working in the environmental field.
- Strong technical skills and experience using Excel as a calculation tool.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate travel.
- Experience with air quality permitting and compliance a plus.
- Engineering Intern registration a plus.
- AutoCAD, ArcGIS experience and OSHA HAZWOPER training a plus.
Are you ready?
If quickly having the opportunity to impactfully lead projects and grow our environmental compliance practice sounds like a great next step in your career, let’s start our conversation today.