BBJ Group is a growing environmental consulting and engineering firm seeking an experienced Risk Assessor to join our team. We expect this will be a great growth opportunity for those looking to take the next step in their careers solving challenging environmental matters.
General activities will include:
- Conduct environmental site assessments of properties and communicate the findings in a clear and concise manner to the client
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or by email) to the client and property owner
- Conduct project research as applicable to the scope of work (review public records, databases, historical information, analytical data, etc.)
- Analyze large environmental datasets, conduct statistical analyses, and prepare data for presentation in tables, figures, and other exhibits
- Review and interpret environmental studies and reports
- Support remedial strategy/risk management development for contaminated sites
- Prepare complex technical reports, including human health and ecological risk assessments, and supporting documents (site maps, government records, appendices, etc.)
What kinds of projects can I expect to work on?
At BBJ Group, we serve both private and public sector clients at project locations throughout the United States, as well as overseas. We believe it’s important that our consultants are exposed to a wide variety of project types. This allows them to grow more quickly, and provide multi-faceted perspectives to our clients. Project-level consultants routinely get to work on projects including:
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments;
- RCRA and CERCLA Site Investigation and Remediation;
- Site investigation and closure;
- Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation; and
- Compliance Audits, Permitting and Planning.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
- Technical Depth and Responsiveness - BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
- Clarity – At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves on helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
- Strategy – Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us as true, collaborative partners, and not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
- Low-ego, high-impact teammate that is self-motivated
- Problem-solver that operates self-sufficiently and seeks help when needed
- Great communicator both verbally and in writing (formal and informal)
- Quick thinking/adaptive individual who works well in fast-paced and changing environment
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or toxicology.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in human health and/or ecological risk assessment. Consulting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory frameworks (RCRA, CERCLA, NEPA, NRDA, etc.).
- Experience with water quality issues and soil / sediment contamination.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of statistics, including ProUCL; sampling design, including Incremental Sampling Methodology and associated statistics and decision mechanisms; and MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of EPA risk assessment guidance and databases.
- Key personnel credentialed with the Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology will be highly rated