BBJ Group LLC (BBJ Group) is a national environmental consulting firm committed to helping clients create value and mitigate loss in their management of environmental obligations and opportunities. The firm is organized in five practices areas: (1) Remediation and Site Restoration, (2) Real Estate and Transaction Support, (3) Regulatory Compliance, (4) Risk and Liability Management, and (5) Ecosystem Services and Sustainability. These practices blend traditional and market-leading consulting services, allowing BBJ Group to address emerging environmental opportunities and challenges in the public and private sectors.
BBJ Group offers competitive compensation and benefits, and is searching for creative, technically proficient professionals to join our team.
BBJ Group is seeking a Branch Manager with P&L management and staff management for our Minneapolis, MN location. This is a “seller/doer” position. A successful candidate will possess experience in developing business related to existing or new service lines while delivering quality technical results on project work.
Primary activities will be to (1) actively engage in business development, (2) provide technical/quality review on remediation, due diligence, and compliance projects, (3) mentor and develop junior staff.
General activities will include:
- Developing and executing branch financial plan;
- Identifying business opportunities
- Networking/conducting business development meetings with potential clients;
- Client and project management support, including customer communication, scheduling, cost control, change orders, and management reports (forecasting);
- Coordinating and designing multi-disciplinary project tasks;
- Assisting with proposal preparation and estimating;
- Reviewing technical deliverable packages;
- Directing project teams, as needed;
- Staff mentoring; and
- Meeting sales and utilization goals.
- Demonstrable client contacts in private or public sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a physical science required; advanced degree such as a Masters is a plus. Environmental, Chemical or Civil Engineering or Geology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience required.
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer certification is required.
- Strong business development track record.
- Strong Project and Client Management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong staff management skills
- Ability to meet sales and utilization goals.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, and database software.
- Proven experience in exercising sound judgment while complying with state and federal laws, including OSHA regulations, and legal contractual requirements.
- Experience and expertise in interacting with all levels of management, support staff, customers and subcontractors with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively manage projects with minimal oversight, while providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction in guiding the project to completion.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and provide solutions in a professional manner to the satisfaction of clients.
- Ability to multitask.
BBJ Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified parties.