BBJ Group is seeking a senior environmental consultant with demonstrated experience and success in permitting and regulatory support, environmental due diligence, and general environmental consulting for our San Francisco Bay (California) area location. This is both a client/project support and “seller/doer” position. A successful candidate will possess experience in supporting a diverse set of clients, working with staff from all geographic regions of the firm, and developing business related to existing or new service lines while delivering quality technical results on project work.
Primary activities will be to (1) actively engage in business development; (2) support existing clients and projects with active needs; (3) provide technical/quality review on remediation, due diligence, and compliance projects; (4) support business unit growth and development including mentoring and developing junior staff.
General activities will include:
- Providing permitting, regulatory support, and compliance-related project needs;
- Identifying business opportunities;
- Networking/conducting business development meetings with potential clients;
- Client and project management support;
- Coordinating and designing multi-disciplinary project tasks;
- Assisting with proposal preparation and estimating;
- Reviewing technical deliverable packages;
- Directing project teams, as needed;
- Staff mentoring; and
- Meeting sales and utilization goals.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
- Technical Depth and Responsiveness - BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
- Clarity – At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
- Strategy – Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us a true, collaborative partners, and not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
- Low-ego, high-impact teammate that is self-motivated;
- Problem-solver that operates self-sufficiently and seeks help when needed;
- Great communicator both verbally and in writing (formal and informal);
- Quick thinking / adaptive individual who works well in fast-paced and changing environment;
- Responsible person that can skillfully balance both internal obligations and external client needs;
- Desire for continuous improvement that contributes new ideas and offers suggestions for quality improvement.
- Demonstrable client contacts in private or public sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a physical science required; advanced degree such as a MA/MS is a plus. Environmental, Chemical or Civil Engineering, or Geology/Earth Sciences strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience required.
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer certification is a plus, but not required.
- Strong business development track record.
- Strong Project and Client Management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong staff management skills
- Ability to meet sales and utilization goals.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, and database software.
- Proven experience in exercising sound judgment while complying with state and federal laws, including OSHA regulations, and legal contractual requirements.
- Experience and expertise in interacting with all levels of management, support staff, customers and subcontractors with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively manage projects with minimal oversight, while providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction in guiding the project to completion.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and provide solutions in a professional manner to the satisfaction of clients.
- Ability to multitask.
Are you ready?
If being a technical leader in a growing company sounds like a great next career step, let's start our conversation today.