BBJ Group is a growing environmental consulting and engineering firm seeking experienced project-level scientists and engineers to launch a new Los Angeles office location. We expect this will be a great growth opportunity for those looking to take the next step in their careers solving challenging environmental matters.
This role offers numerous opportunities and responsibilities:
· Project, staff, and budget management;
· Growth and training toward larger project-management responsibilities;
· Opportunity to grow into a well-rounded environmental consultant work on remediation, environmental compliance, and due diligence projects;
· Exposure to working with clients in a wide variety of industries, including well-known global companies;
· Domestic and international project locations.
What Kinds of Projects can I expect to work on?
At BBJ Group, we believe it’s important that our beginning consultants are exposed to a wide variety of project types. This allows them to grow more quickly, and provide multi-faceted perspectives to our clients. Project-level consultants routinely get to work on projects including:
· Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments;
· RCRA and CERCLA Site Investigation and Remediation;
· Site investigation and closure;
· Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation; and
· Compliance Audits, Permitting and Planning.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
· Technical Depth and Responsiveness - BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
· Clarity – At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
· Strategy – Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us a true, collaborative partners, and not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
· Low ego; high impact teammate;
· Great communicator;
· Quick thinking / adaptive;
· Works well with new ideas.
Other Important Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in geology, engineering, or chemistry preferred; strong science core a must;
· Experience conducting site investigations or remedial activities;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
· Flexibility to accommodate travel;
· AutoCAD, ArcGIS experience and OSHA HAZWOPER training a plus
· Professional Geologist or Engineer certification a plus
Are you ready?
If quickly having the opportunity to impactfully work on a variety of environmental projects sounds like a great way to launch your career, let’s start our conversation today.
Your application was submitted successfully.