BBJ Group is a growing environmental consulting and engineering firm seeking an experienced engineer or geologist as a founding member of an expansion Los Angeles-area office. This role offers numerous leadership opportunities and technical responsibilities:
· Directing growth as a start-up branch manager
· Using existing company backlog to launch a new presence in Southern California;
· Leveraging BBJ Group’s national client contacts and your own personal contacts to develop local environmental consulting and engineering opportunities;
· Developing strategy and tactics with the Remediation Practice Leader to grow BBJ Group’s national remediation program;
· Mentoring junior project managers to effectively lead projects from technical and project management perspectives;
· Working with sophisticated clients in a wide variety of industries, including well-known global companies;
· Engaging on projects at domestic and international locations.
What kinds of projects can I expect to work on?
At BBJ Group, we serve both private and public sector clients at project locations throughout the United States, as well as overseas. Our consultants routinely get to work on projects including:
· Voluntary environmental site investigation and remediation;
· RCRA and CERCLA site investigation and remediation;
· Closure assessments using statistical, modeling, and graphical tools;
· Remedial system design and implementation; and
· Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
· Technical Depth and Responsiveness - BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
· Clarity – At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
· Strategy – Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us a true, collaborative partners, and not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
· Low ego; high impact teammate;
· Great communicator;
· Quick thinking / adaptive;
· Responsiveness to both internal and external clients;
· Works well with new ideas.
Other important requirements
· Professional Engineer licensing in one or more states;
· Experience conducting and directing site investigations and remedial activities;
· Strong relationships with local environmental agencies (DTSC, Regional Water Boards, etc.);
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
Are you ready?
If quickly having the opportunity to impactfully lead remediation projects and grow our remediation practice sounds like a great next step in your career, let’s start our conversation today.
Your application was submitted successfully.